PHP is a server-side scripting language designed for web development. It was originally created by Rasmus Lerdorf in 1994, but has since been developed and maintained by The PHP Group. PHP is now installed on more than 244 million websites and 2.1 million web servers.
PHP is a widely-used, open source scripting language that is especially suited for developing dynamic web pages. PHP scripts are executed on the server before the HTML of the requested page is sent to the client. PHP supports many databases, including MySQL,PostgreSQL,Oracle,Sybase,Informix, and Microsoft SQL Server.
PHP code can be embedded directly into HTML code, or it can be used in combination with various web template systems, web content management systems, and web frameworks. PHP code is usually processed by a PHP interpreter implemented as a module in the web server or as a Common Gateway Interface (CGI) executable. The web server combines the results of the interpreted and executed PHP code, which may be any type of data, including images, with the generated web page. PHP can also be used for developing desktop applications.
PHP is free software released under the terms of the PHP License. PHP has been widely ported and can be deployed on most web servers on almost every operating system and platform, free of charge.
Advantages of PHP language
- PHP is a server-side scripting language, which means that it can be used to create dynamic web pages.
- PHP is free to download and use.
- PHP is relatively easy to learn, compared to other programming languages.
- PHP code can be embedded into HTML code, making it easy to create dynamic web pages.
- PHP can be used to connect to databases, allowing you to create dynamic web pages that display data from a database.
- PHP can be used to create cookies, which are small files that are stored on a user’s computer and can be used to track their preferences or login information.
- PHP can be used to create session variables, which are variables that are only available while a user is logged into a website.
- PHP can be used to create forms, which allows users to input data that can be processed by a script.
- PHP can be used to encrypt data, making it more secure.
- PHP can be used to create reports, which can be used to track statistics or display information in a specific format.